1. Check your current registration on the SIS: https://www.stolaf.edu/sis/login.cfm
- It is extremely important that all students be officially registered for all courses you are attending. Under no circumstances may a student simply sit in on a course without being officially registered either for credit or as an auditor.
- If you are not accurately registered now, you must complete the drop/add process.
- Policy of the College (including policy on the S/U option)*: http://stolaf.edu/catalog/1314/academicregs/changes-in-reg.html
- Calendar of deadlines: 2013-2014 Calendar
- To drop/add a course or to make a change in the grading option (graded vs. S/U):
- The signature of the faculty member is required for all drops/adds;
- It is a good idea to consult your advisor regarding any changes, even though an advisor’s signature is not required on the drop/add slip (except first semester for first-year students). You may save yourself the grief/cost of a bad choice. You are always welcome to contact Mary Cisar (email@example.com) or Cheryl LaCroix in the Office of the Registrar and Academic Advising (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions, too.
- Pick up a drop/add slip at the Office of the Registrar and Academic Advising service window (Tomson Hall, level 1);
- Complete it in full;
- Have it signed by the instructor of the course being dropped/added;
- Return the slip in person to the Office of the Registrar and Academic Advising window, open 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily except during chapel.
* S/U option: if you take a course S/U, any GE credit attached to that course will NOT be applied to your record. See policy above for additional facts about S/U (and to learn the difference between S/U and P/N grading).