Welcome to the Center for Multicultural and International Engagement (CMIE). Whether you find our office to be your home away from home; a safe space; an area to broaden your horizons; a place to host a program or event; a study area; a place for you to discuss issues on campus; or merely a place to rest and have a bite to eat in between classes, we welcome you to explore, share, learn and be challenged.
At St. Olaf, CMIE is about recognizing, accepting and celebrating differences within our campus and surrounding communities. CMIE believes that by providing a space for students to explore their multiple identities and learn about the backgrounds and experiences of others, we can all create a culture of inclusion and equity here on campus and beyond.We offer a range of programs, discussions, social events, resources, guest lectures and events to continue your path of self-discovery.
We are here to help you celebrate your unique contributions to this wonderfully complex society, understand and most importantly, we challenge you to think critically and become leaders in resolving the world’s toughest issues related to equity, difference, and diversity.
We invite you to become an active member of CMIE .
– Hudlin Wagner, CMIE Interim Director
Provide resources and co-curricular support for domestic multicultural and international students. Work with and within the community to engage, educate, and enrich campus life for all students.
- Design, promote and evaluate campus-wide intercultural engagement, which fosters student development and growth.
- Create opportunities for students to further develop their leadership and self-advocacy skills.
- Facilitate connections between students and alumni; enhance personal and professional networking skills.
- Collaborate with students, offices, and academic departments to create, support, and evaluate initiatives that engage, educate and enrich students’ experiences on campus.
- Advocate and support students participating in academic and co-curricular programs, both on and off-campus, that build on their interpersonal, civic and global citizenship.