The St. Olaf Women’s Soccer ID Clinic is designed for rising 9th-12th grade girls who are looking to be recruited by the St. Olaf Women’s Soccer Coaching Staff.
The clinic will include warm-up drills, skill games, and 11v11 scrimmages so that coaching staff can observe players in multiple scenarios. Instead of relying on a single tournament game to make an impression, participants in the ID Clinic can be closely evaluated by Ole coaches and current players. Learn about the recruiting process, life at St. Olaf, and the culture of St. Olaf student athletics in an intimate team-oriented setting.
Are you an Ole?
One of the main reasons to attend a clinic is for prospects to evaluate the program for themselves:
• Is this a college you can see yourself attending for four years even if soccer weren’t in the mix?
• Is the soccer program a good fit for you after learning about it through current players and coaches?
• Do you like the coaching style?
• Do you like the culture of the team?
What to Bring
• Soccer ball
• Cleats/turfs (The clinic will take place on turf so wear footwear you feel most comfortable in.)
• Shin guards
• Water bottle
Soccer ID Clinic Features
• Warm-Up Drills
• Small-Sided Games
• 11v11 games
• 8v8 games
• Cool Down
• Campus Tour
Why the One-Day Clinic is the Best Way to Be Recruited
• Our clinic includes warm-up drills, small-sided games, and 11v11 games so that the coaching staff can observe players in different aspects of the game.
• Be evaluated in a more intimate environment. Registration cuts off at 40 prospects so that coaches can fairly evaluate players who attend. Players are able to receive feedback following the clinic and know where they stand in the recruiting process.
• Members of the current team will be at all sessions. There’s no better way to find out what it’s like to be a St. Olaf Women’s Soccer player and student than to speak to one living it.
• Q&A session with the coaches and team about the recruiting process and what it is like to be a student athlete.
Clinic Fee Includes
June 12 – CANCELLED
• College level training session led by Coach Frary and Coach Mendez
• Lunch provided by our own Stav Dining Hall
• Admissions Tour of Campus
St. Olaf College Campus Location
The clinic takes place on the beautiful St. Olaf campus in historic Northﬁeld, Minnesota.
Rolf Melby Field
Turf Field Restored in 2018.
Stav Dining Hall
Meals are prepared by Bon Appetit. Healthy options include the salad bar, grilled meats and veggies, and hot entrees, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, a deli station, soup, and dessert station. There are plenty of food options for vegetarians, gluten-free, and other specific needs. However, if you have a specific food allergy, please email us so we can get your camper connected with the kitchen.
8:45 am – 9:00 am Introductory meeting with prospects & parents at Rolf Melby Field (behind Tostrud Athletic Center)
9:00 am – 11:00 am College Training Session (including small sided drills and games)
11:15 am – 12:00 pm Campus tour
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm Lunch (provided)
12:45 pm – 1:30 pm Q&A with admissions staff member, coaches, & current team
1:45 pm – 3pm 11v11 Scrimmage
3pm Closing Remarks