Although showcases are a great way to display your talent, the coaching staff is limited in how much time they can watch a player. In a 30-40 min. half a player may only touch a ball a handful of times depending on the flow of the game or what position she is playing. The clinic allows players to showcase their talent in smaller spaces and the coaches can manipulate the game if they want to see a player in multiple positions.
Women’s Soccer ID Clinic
The St. Olaf Women’s Soccer ID Clinic is designed for rising 9th-12th grade girls who are looking to be recruited by the St. Olaf Women’s Soccer Coaching Staff.
Spring Clinic: May 3
Summer Clinic: June 13
Are you an Ole?
One of the main reasons to attend a clinic is for prospects to evaluate the program for themselves:
• Is this a college you can see yourself attending for four years even if soccer weren’t in the mix?
• Is the soccer program a good fit for you after learning about it through current players and coaches?
• Do you like the coaching style?
• Do you like the culture of the team?
What to Bring
• Soccer ball
• Cleats/turfs (The clinic will take place on turf so wear footwear you feel most comfortable in.)
• Shin guards
• Water bottle
Soccer ID Clinic Features
• Warm-Up Drills
• Small-Sided Games
• 11v11 games
• 8v8 games
• Cool Down
• Campus Tour
Why the One-Day Clinic is the Best Way to Be Recruited
• Our clinic includes warm-up drills, small-sided games, and 11v11 games so that the coaching staff can observe players in multiple scenarios, instead of relying on single showcase/tournament game, when players may not be consistently involved in the action.
• Members of the current team will be at all sessions. There’s no better way to find out what it’s like to be a St. Olaf Women’s Soccer player and student than to speak to one living it.
• Tour campus
• Q&A session about the recruiting process
• Q&A session with coaches, current team, and admissions counselor.
• Be evaluated in a more intimate environment. Registration cuts off at 40 prospects so that coaches can fairly evaluate players who attend. Players are able to receive feedback following the clinic and know where they stand in the recruiting process.
Clinic Fee Includes
Clinic Fee: $110
Lunch and instructor training by St. Olaf College Women's head soccer coach, staff, and players.
St. Olaf College Campus Location
The clinic takes place on the beautiful St. Olaf campus in historic Northﬁeld, Minnesota.
Rolf Melby Field
Turf Field Restored in 2018.
Stav Dining Hall
Meals are prepared by Bon Appetit. Healthy options include the salad bar, grilled meats and veggies, and hot entrees, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, a deli station, soup, and dessert station. There are plenty of food options for vegetarians, gluten-free, and other specific needs. However, if you have a specific food allergy, please email us so we can get your camper connected with the kitchen.
8:45 am – 9:00 am Introductory meeting with prospects & parents at Rolf Melby Field (behind Tostrud Athletic Center)
9:00 am – 10:30 am Small sided drills/games
10:30 am – 11:00 am 8v8
11:15 am – 12:00 pm Campus tour
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm Lunch (provided)
12:45 pm – 1:30 pm Q&A with admissions staff member, coaches, & current team
1:45 pm- 3:15pm Warm Up & 11v11
3:15 pm – 3:30pm Cool Down and Closing Remarks
St. Olaf Camps
The Hill that transforms your summer