Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- Students who graduate with a BMolS concentration will demonstrate awareness of the breadth of the biomolecular sciences and be able to articulate the value of this cross-disciplinary approach.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the molecular mechanism of energetics, information flow, and ways in which molecular structure determines function. Students will also demonstrate an understanding of ways in which molecular pathways maintain the constancy of a cell or organism’s internal environment, while embodying evolutionary change.
- Students will use equipment and techniques drawn from the biomolecular sciences as well as the use of bioinformatic databases.
- Students will take part in a significant, inquiry-driven research experience.
- Students will demonstrate competency in oral, visual and written communications.