Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- the ability to solve problems that require creative reasoning with levels of abstraction.
- competence in core computer science topics, represented by
- the ability to reason about structured computer systems; and
- the ability to design good algorithms.
- the capacity for identifying, analytically discussing, and creatively addressing ethical issues in realistic computing systems.
- the ability to design and implement projects in teams, following a prescribed development process.
- a baseline of proficiency with three major programming paradigms, with exemplary systems such as Linux, and with parallel computing.