Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- linguistic competence, including:
- language proficiency in listening, reading, writing and speaking a Nordic language at the ACTFL Intermediate level; and
- metalinguistic awareness of language as a system and of the ways in which language organizes thought processes and information and reflects culture.
- broad understanding of Nordic culture, including:
- ability to interpret trends in two or more Nordic countries, informed by a knowledge of Nordic history, and
- advanced knowledge of aspects of culture or language of one or more Nordic countries.