Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- knowledge of the history and culture of multicultural groups in the United States, defined for our purposes as African Americans, Asian Americans, Latinos, and Native Americans.
- gains in cultural competency, including an ability to express themselves on racial issues in a diverse classroom setting.
- familiarity with issues in contemporary America of importance to multicultural groups.
- familiarity with a range of scholarly approaches to the subject matter.
- the ability to draw meaningful comparisons between different racial groups, and between other ethnic and immigrant groups in the United States.