St. Olaf College | Facilities Department

St. Olaf Key Policy Announcement

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Josh Armbruster, and I work in the Facilities Department as a campus locksmith. I’ve had the pleasure of working with many staff on campus and am looking forward to continuing to serve in my capacity as a locksmith. With significant help from Human Resources, Administration, Facilities, IT, and many others, we have developed a Key Policy for St. Olaf.

This policy aims to be a guide in how keys are managed in order to facilitate a more secure campus. I fully understand that this is a change from how we have previously managed keys and expect that this policy will need to be reworked as we take each department’s needs into consideration. In these instances I will work with you to bring current processes in line with our policy and when necessary update the policy so it better reflects our practices. I also understand that this change will not happen immediately but will take time to be fully implemented. I appreciate the opportunity to engage with this challenge and am grateful for your patience as these changes are made.

The big takeaways from this policy are a few central points:

• All keys issued to an individual will have an accompanying key agreement that must be signed when picking up the keys.
  • Keys will be picked up and returned to The Office of Human Resources.
  • Keys may not be transferred between employees and must be returned at the end of employment.
  • We have a new key request form.

If you have any questions or if I can help in any way please feel free to reach out via email here: locksmith@stolaf.edu

Thank you!
Josh Armbruster