The Out for Lunch Series aims to create space on campus for education and community building centered on the lives and experiences of LGBTQIA+ individuals. Each month, we invite all students, faculty, and staff (LGBTQIA+ identified and those who support this community) to get together in-person or virtually and engage in conversation around a topic or issue within the LGBTQIA+ community.
The Out for Lunch Series are hosted in the Taylor Center for Equity and Inclusion Lounge (BC 111) or via Zoom. These sessions are small group conversations with some prompting questions based on the designated topic (unless we have a guest speaker). Even if you aren’t able to stay for the whole time, we still welcome you to join for as much as you are able.
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020 (5 PM at BC111) – Learning the Alphabet
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020 (5PM via Zoom) – Latinx & Queer Panel
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020– Commodification of the LGBTQIA+ Community
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020- Religion and LGBTQIA+ Identity facilitated by Lenny Duncan
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020- All Gender Restrooms – Cancelled due to the CONVID-19
- Tuesday, April 28, 2020- Conversion Therapy – Cancelled due to the CONVID-19
If you have any questions, please email Jessica Cameron (email@example.com)