St. Olaf supports undergraduates and graduates in exploring and applying for nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships. There is a wide range of opportunities, so come explore which programs best meet your intellectual, professional, and personal goals.
St. Olaf is committed to helping students:
- Explore a variety of fellowship and scholarship opportunities, ensuring they have support in deciding which are ideal for their unique skills and future aspirations
- Represent themselves at their best through the application process
- Develop confidence in articulating their future aspirations and goals
Wherever you are in the process — from just beginning to think about whether a scholarship or fellowship may be right for you to finalizing your last few words before pressing submit — we are eager to support you along the way.
Are you interested in pursuing a nationally competitive scholarship or fellowship? We are committed to guiding you through your respective application process. Outlined below are the steps to get started.
Step 1. Explore your Options
Take a look at our nationally competitive fellowships (including those that require institutional endorsement and those that are direct apply) and familiarize yourself with those that are of greatest interest to you. Nationally competitive fellowships may also be explored by class year of eligibility.
Step 2. Speak to your Fellowships Adviser
Whether you are interested in exploring fellowship or scholarship options, or are finalizing last steps to your application, don’t hesitate to make an appointment.
- If you’re interested in Fulbright, contact Professor Heather Campbell, Co-Director of External Fellowships and Scholarships, in the Education department.
- For fellowships whose focus is service, internships, or employment, please contact the Piper Center
- For all other fellowships, please contact Professor Kathryn Ananda-Owens, Co-Director of External Fellowships and Scholarships, in the Music Department.
Step 3. Other Resources
St. Olaf will support you through the scholarships and fellowships process by coaching you on any of the following:
- The Piper Center:
- Seeking internship, scholarship, and other opportunities that fit your academic and/or career interests best
- Preparing for the interview and providing feedback
- Resume-building and feedback
- The Writing Desk : Writing, revising, and providing feedback on your personal statement and project proposals.