Life Lesson Sunday School Curriculum Coming Soon

By Tial Chin ’27

Hello, my name is Tial Chin and I am a sophomore at St Olaf College and an NVP Fellow for the Nourishing Vocation Project. For a couple of months, I have been working on a curriculum for Sunday Schools that ties popular Bible stories to life lessons and faith. This curriculum includes a mini introduction that introduces the general idea of the lesson, a bible story, a bible verse, a memorization verse, life lessons, a song, and interactive activities. There are two versions of this curriculum for different age groups. One version is for children nine years old and below, and another version is for children ten years old and above. Both of these curriculums have the same idea and concept, but the curriculum for older children includes a question that encourages deeper thinking and discussions. Both versions include ten weekly sessions that may take about 40-45 minutes to complete. The curriculum is flexible to accommodate changes that may need to be made for pacing and ordering. Overall, instead of faith being the only goal of this curriculum, I also hope that these life lessons can encourage the youth to be empowered and have guidance.