Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- Understanding of political institutions and processes, both domestic and international.
- Understanding of normative and explanatory theories, both classic and contemporary, concerning the state, society, and justice.
- Familiarity with diverse geographic, ethnic, racial, gender-based, cultural, and temporal perspectives on political issues and public life.
- The ability to develop an argument, and to support it with scholarly and empirical evidence, in clear and engaging prose.
- The capacity to be knowledgeable, thoughtful, and effective citizens.