The Faculty Life Committee organizes and monitors faculty rewards and support in the interests of professional development. The committee normally meets as a full committee or in subcommittees on Tuesdays at 3:30 PM. Its responsibilities include:
- Fostering faculty development.
- Reviewing and making recommendations on sabbatical leave applications.
- Proposing annual salary distribution formulas and appointing a faculty member to the Benefits Committee.
- Recommending honorary degree awards.
- Considering policy and procedure recommendations from the Tenure and Promotion Committee and the Faculty Review Committee.
Release Time Grants Awarded to:
Lisa Bowers, Assistant Prof. of Biology was granted release time for her project, “Scavengers! How starving bacteria take up scarce nutrients.“
William Bridges, Assistant Prof. of Japanese and Asian Studies was granted release time for his project, “Playing in the Shadows: Fictions of Race and Blackness in Postwar Japanese Literature “.
Professional Development Grants Awarded to: