The Government, Foundation, and Corporate Relations Office at St. Olaf College is a resource for faculty and staff seeking funding from government agencies and private foundations.
Our mission is to assist individual faculty members, academic departments and programs, and the wider college community in the submission of successful proposals to external funding agencies. The awards received will enrich the learning and research activities of the college.
This office can contribute to the success of each proposal by ensuring:
- Its compatibility with the mission of the college
- Its intellectual coherence
- The accuracy and inclusiveness of its budget
- Its consistency with college policies
- Its conformity with the guidelines of the funding agency
We’re here to help you with:
- Locating prospective funding sources
- Providing proposal writing resources
- Developing budgets
- Forms and policies
- Submitting proposals
St. Olaf College Associate Professor of Sociology Ibtesam Al Atiyat has received a grant
from the National Endowment for the Humanities to support the fieldwork for her forthcoming book,
Body Politics and Nation Building in Modern Jordan: An Analysis of Public Discourses on Honor Killings and Rape.