Each year 10 exceptional student leaders are selected to serve as an International Student Counselor. The International Student Counselors are dedicated to enhancing the international student experience at St. Olaf. International Student Counselors facilitate International Student Orientation and are a valued resource to incoming international students. Additionally, International Student Counselors provide interactive programs throughout the academic year to enhance internationalization on campus.
- Serve as an International Student Counselor for the entire academic year.
- Be present at all training sessions, International Student Orientation program, International Student Banquet and other required events.
- Attend Bi-weekly meeting with the International Student Counselors and International Student Coordinator.
- Minimum of 2.25 cumulative GPA.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of St. Olaf campus resources.
- Reliable, responsible, flexible, positive, willingness to help, and strong communication skills.
- Support and encourage all International Student Life staff members.
- Support and encourage all new international students throughout their transition to campus.
- Serve as a leader and role model to all international students.
- Establish and maintain open communication with International Student Coordinator
- Assist in the development and implementation of International Student Life programs and events.
- Communicate effectively with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Lead a small group of new international students and acquaint them with U.S culture, campus resources, and other activities and opportunities available at St. Olaf.
- Reach out to assigned new international students over the summer.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Spring Training (1-2 days for an hour during late April)
- International Student Orientation Training (Move-in is August 29, 2015)
- International Student Orientation Program (September 1-4, 2015)
- International Student Banquet/Celebration (Late April or early May)
International Student Counselor Application Process
- Complete and submit the International Student Counselor Application. Applications are due by March 10, 2015.
- Set up an interview with the Multicultural Affairs office email@example.com or 507-786-3060, as soon as your application has been submitted.
- Interviews will be held approximately mid March.
- Applicants will be notified of their status before Spring Break.
- If you have any questions please contact Sindy Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org (BC111)