The Admissions Office is easiest to find if you enter the campus through the Highway 19 entrance. Drive up the hill and follow the signs through the roundabout. There’s convenient visitor parking lots located near the west entrance to Tomson Hall.
Admissions Office address:
St. Olaf College
Tomson Hall #220
1520 St. Olaf Avenue
Northfield, MN 55057
St. Olaf is located in Northfield, Minnesota, about 40 miles south of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis-St. Paul.
Via I-35 (from the Twin Cities or from points south)
- Take I-35 to Hwy.19 (Exit 69, Northfield exit)
- Travel east on Hwy.19 for approximately 6 miles
- The main entrance to the college will be on your left
From Hwy. 77 (Cedar Avenue/CR23) (from the north)
- Follow Hwy. 77 south through Apple Valley
- Leaving Apple Valley, Hwy 77 turns into Co. Rd. 23
- Follow Co. Rd. 23 through several stop signs and turns into Northfield; the campus will be on your right
- As you enter the Northfield city limits, go right (south) on Lincoln Ave (football practice fields will be on your right)
- Turn right (west) on St. Olaf Avenue toward the St. Olaf campus
From US-52 (from the north or south)
- Take US-52 to Hwy. 19 (in Cannon Falls)
- Travel west on Hwy. 19 into Northfield, which will include several stop signs and turns.
- Continue west on Hwy. 19 past the Malt-O-Meal plant, until you reach the western edge of Northfield
- The main entrance to the college will be on your right. Enter the campus here
The most centrally located parking lot is north of the Buntrock Commons. Park in any spot marked “Faculty/Staff/Visitor Parking.” You do not need a parking pass for a visit to St. Olaf for short amounts of time, but if you are a commuting or continuing education student, you should inquire at the Public Safety and Parking Office for a temporary permit.
The Admissions Office is located in Tomson Hall. Several parking areas adjacent to the building are available for Admissions visitors.
Northfield Lines offers a 7 days a week bus connection to and from campus to Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, downtown Minneapolis, downtown St. Paul, and the Mall of America. For information on the Northfield Metro Express, call 888-748-9634 or visit www.northfieldlines.com.
By Taxi, Uber and/or Lyft
Taxi, Uber, and Lyft services are available within the Minneapolis/St. Paul area but can be spendy and service from Northfield back to the cities is not yet available. Renting a car is advised.
For students traveling alone, St. Olaf can provide transportation between the Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) airport and campus. Please email your request and complete flight itinerary to email@example.com 7 days prior to your campus visit date.