The Student Life Committee reviews and makes recommendations concerning the quality of the learning and living environment at St. Olaf College. The committee normally meets in alternating weeks. Its responsibilities include:
- Reviewing the college’s policies regarding academic and personal integrity both in and out of the classroom.
- Reviewing the regulations, procedures, and goals of the college’s residence life program.
- Reviewing current and proposed co-curricular programs and activities in relationship to the college’s goals for student learning and development.
- Reviewing, encouraging, and promoting programs and activities that foster a welcoming and inclusive college community.
- Considering the implications of financial aid, outreach, admissions, first-year orientation, and retention for the academic program and the college community.
- Reviewing the academic advising program and college-wide student support services.
- Serving as an advisory body to the Dean of Students.