Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- interdisciplinary global perspective centered on Asia, and focused more specifically on East Asia.
- foundational abilities in one or more Asian languages, including proficiencies in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- the ability to recognize the variety of disciplines which comprise Asian Studies and critically assess which perspectives to apply to particular interdisciplinary programs.
- the ability to define and implement the appropriate research strategies.
- the ability to listen and speak effectively in interpersonal communication and public presentations involving Asia.
- understanding of contemporary and traditional cultural, social and political diversity within Asia.
- advanced research or artistic work based on a topic related to Asia.