St. Olaf’s Class of 2014 includes 93 mathematics majors, 7 math-bio-concentrators, 32 statistics concentrators, and 16 computer science majors.
We foster an inclusive community of students and faculty centered around mathematics, statistics, and computer science; their characteristic modes of thought, reasoning, and problem-solving; their beauty, power, and enjoyment; and their importance among the liberal arts. To this end, we strive to:
- Cultivate a “big tent” philosophy, welcoming students with a broad range of interests, backgrounds, experiences, and aspirations
- Develop and support leadership and innovation in teaching, learning, and scholarship
- Build forward-looking interactions among our distinct but connected disciplines
- Provide rigorous and stimulating academic and intellectual experiences for students and faculty
- Engage with larger academic and intellectual communities
MSCS Department at St. Olaf and the Mathematics and Statistics Department at Carleton are teaming up again for our annual speaker series. This year’s speaker is Amie Wilkinson, Professor of Mathematics at the University of Chicago.
This is a great change to interact with a famous mathematician here in Northfield. Amie will be giving two lectures on April 23, more details available here. We hope to see you on the April 23!