The St. Olaf Center
The 1960 dedication of the St. Olaf Center and of its companion Administration Building marked the completion of the last of three critical facilities projects of the 1940s and 1950s. This exhibit commemorates the building, which was renovated in 2000 to become the Center for Art and Dance for Fine Arts.
Steensland Hall: A Century of Service
Despite its modest proportions, no St. Olaf building has served more purposes in the 20th century than Steensland Hall. On Nov. 6, 2002, it celebrated its 100th birthday.
Ladies’ Hall served as the college’s only women’s dormitory for over 30 years. Unlike many other private educational institutions of its day, St. Olaf was co-educational from the beginning. Indeed, it was the first co-educational Norwegian-American institution of higher learning.
Old Main: Standing Strong at 125
St. Olaf dedicated its Main on Nov. 6, 1878, four years after the school’s founding. Sixteen months earlier, the first large public celebration in the institution’s early history occurred, when the cornerstone of the Main was laid, on July 4, 1877. This exhibit commemorates the 125th anniversaries of both events and places the building of “Old Main” in its historical context.
The Presidents of St. Olaf College
Biographies, quotes and photos of the eleven presidents of St. Olaf College, from Mohn to Anderson.