St. Olaf College Archives Mission
Effective Date: 07-26-2022
Issuing Authority: Chief Information Officer, Libraries and IT
Program Coordinator: Lead Archivist
Last Updated: 07-26-2022
- We provide access to our collections by effectively describing, processing and preserving
materials; and by using new technologies to expose them to our community.
- We actively collect the history of St. Olaf College, representing the many diverse voices in our
- We protect and preserve our unique collections while making them accessible to our community and scholars worldwide.
- As stewards of St. Olaf’s institutional memory, we ensure the vitality of our cultural and
intellectual history by adhering to national and international standards in our work.
- We create meaningful opportunities for teaching, learning, research, and training by
collaborating with library and IT staff, academic departments, the DiSCO, and other partners