Institutional Review Board Mission
The mission of the St. Olaf College Institutional Review Board (IRB) is to safeguard the rights and well-being of human subjects in projects conducted at or sponsored by St. Olaf College.
Institutional Review Board Responsibilities
The specific responsibilities of the St. Olaf IRB include:
- Developing and disseminating federally-compliant policies for the protection of human subjects;
- Developing and implementing institutionally-appropriate procedures for ensuring the protection of human subjects, in collaboration with other members of the St. Olaf community;
- Educating members of the St. Olaf community about the ethical and legal obligations associated with human subjects projects;
- Conducting reviews of generalizable research projects to ensure that such research will be carried out in a manner which safeguards the rights and well-being of the subjects;
- Promoting professional development in research ethics for St. Olaf employees in support of their instructional, research, and administrative work.
For More information, consult the IRB information in the St. Olaf Faculty Handbook