St. Olaf’s Class of 2020 includes 69 mathematics majors, 55 statistics data science concentrators, 28 computer science majors and 3 math-bio-concentrators,.
We foster an inclusive community of students and faculty centered around mathematics, statistics, and computer science; their characteristic modes of thought, reasoning, and problem-solving; their beauty, power, and enjoyment; and their importance among the liberal arts. To this end, we strive to:
- Cultivate a “big tent” philosophy, welcoming students with a broad range of interests, backgrounds, experiences, and aspirations
- Develop and support leadership and innovation in teaching, learning, and scholarship
- Build forward-looking interactions among our distinct but connected disciplines
- Provide rigorous and stimulating academic and intellectual experiences for students and faculty
- Engage with larger academic and intellectual communities
For additional information on the individual MSCS departments please choose the Major/Concentration to the right.