Pre-College Transfer Credit

Advanced Placement/International Baccalaureate/Cambridge A Level/POST SECONDARY enrollment options (PSEO)/College in the schools (CIS)/Dual Credit

2019 AP Policy

2019 IB Policy

2019 Cambridge A Level Policy

PSEO (Postsecondary education option) and CIS (College in the schools) and DC (Dual Credit)

FAQ’s

If you entered St. Olaf during an earlier academic year, please see the AP/IB/CAL lists for previous terms.

Submitting Advanced Placement scores/International Baccalaureate scores/Cambridge A level scores:

St. Olaf College receives scores from College Board for AP year-round.  The main transmission for incoming students is sent around the first week of July each year. If a student requests that their scores be sent to St. Olaf, their scores should be included in this transmission.  IB scores are received in July and January if the student requested scores be sent to St. Olaf.

If scores were not sent to St. Olaf, you will need to request an official grade report be sent directly to the St. Olaf College Registrar’s Office.  Please email registrar if you are not sure if we received your exam information.

College Board site for requesting score information:
https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/apscores?affiliateld=stdlp&bannerld=apstd8t
The College Board code for St. Olaf is 6638.

International Baccalaureate site for score information:
http://www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/assessment-and-exams/requesting-transcripts/

Top of Page

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How can I determine if St. Olaf credit will be awarded for my AP/IB/CAL exams?
  2. How long should I expect to wait for pre-college credit to reflect on my academic record?
  3. What if my pre-college credit does not show up in my S.I.S record?
  4. I’m not sure how my pre-college credit will transfer. Can I have the scores sent to St. Olaf later?
  5. Will I be able to register for classes even if my AP/IB credit has not yet been posted?
  6. What is the maximum amount of pre-college credit that can be awarded?
  7. Does pre-college credit fulfill St. Olaf General Education Requirements?
  8. Does St. Olaf accept CLEP credit?
  9. How will my PSEO/CIS/DC courses transfer?

1. How can I determine if St. Olaf credit will be awarded for my Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate or Cambridge A level exams?

See the St. Olaf College policies listed above for Advanced Placement/International Baccalaureate/Cambridge A Level.  Please note that this list is updated each academic year. If you will be attending St. Olaf in the future, be sure to check the list for the academic year of your matriculation. Typically, the new list will be posted during the summer prior to the applicable year.

1.  How long should I expect to wait for pre-college credit to reflect on my academic record?

Generally, once we receive scores from College Board for Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate, you should allow 4 – 6 weeks. You can begin checking the S.I.S. toward the end of July.  Post Secondary course work (PSEO), College in the Schools (CIS) and Dual Credit (DC) is entered after Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate scores have been entered.

1. What if my pre-college credit does not show up in my S.I.S record?

If by mid to late July your AP/IB information has not been posted, contact registrar@stolaf.edu to ask if we received your scores. We would be happy to check.

1. I’m not sure how my pre-college credit will transfer. Can I have the scores sent to St. Olaf later?

Yes, you may always send pre-college scores or transcripts later.  Even if you don’t “need” them, it doesn’t hurt to have them sent.

1. Will I be able to register for classes even if my pre-college credit has not yet been posted?

Yes. We post scores to student records as soon as possible. If a score is in process, you will want to inform your academic advisor and placement coordinators.

1. What is the maximum amount of pre-college credit that can be awarded?

St. Olaf College awards a maximum of 6.00 St. Olaf credits from all pre-college (AP/IB/CAL/PSEO/CIS/DC) credits presented by matriculating first-year students. The registrar first awards credits for the AP/IB/CAL exams that qualify. If the 6.00 pre-college credits allowed are not fulfilled by AP/IB/CAL alone, then the registrar can award up to a maximum of 4.00 of the 6.00 allowable pre-college credits through approved PSEO/CIS/DC courses.

1. Will my pre-college credit fulfill St. Olaf General Education requirements?

Up to 6.00 General Education requirements can be fulfilled with pre-college transfer credit. See the college policies above for how AP/IB/CAL scores will fulfill GE’s.  PSEO/CIS/DC will fulfill GE’s as applicable.  Contact us for specific questions.

1. Does St. Olaf accept CLEP credit?

No. St. Olaf does not accept College Level Examination Program (CLEP) credit.

9.  How will my PSEO/CIS/DC courses transfer?

Course must be from a regionally accredited institution and completed with a C or above.  Duplicate credit from AP/IB/CAL and PSEO/CIS/DC will not be awarded.  Certain courses such as math below calculus  are not accepted.  Contact us for specific questions.