St. Olaf College
Education records are those records directly related to a student and maintained by the College or by a party acting for the College. Education records include but are not restricted to the following:
- Courses taken
- Class Schedule
- Test Scores
- Advising records
- Education services received
- Disciplinary actions
The term “education records” does not include the following:
- records of instructional, supervisory, administrative, and certain educational personnel which are in the sole possession of the maker thereof, and are not accessible or revealed to any other College employee or other person except a temporary substitute for the maker of the record.
- records maintained by Campus Security or other law enforcement unit of the College that were created by that law enforcement unit for the purpose of law enforcement.
- records relating to individuals who are employed by the institution, which are made and maintained in the normal course of business, relate exclusively to individuals in the individual’s capacity as an employee, and are not available for use for any other purpose.
- records relating to a student which are created or maintained by a physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, or other recognized professional or paraprofessional, acting in his/her professional capacity or assisting in a paraprofessional capacity or assisting in a paraprofessional capacity; made, maintained or used solely in connection with the provision of treatment to the student; and disclosed only to individuals providing such treatment.