1. Log in to the SIS using your St. Olaf username and password.
2. From the menu on the left-hand side under Faculty, click on Courses.
You should see your list of courses by year and term. Find the correct course; follow these steps for all listed courses and IS/IR/internships.
- On the righthand side of the screen, use the dropdown menu to click on Grades, then click Go. (If you don’t see this column, scroll over to the right using the scroll bar at the bottom of your page.)
- You will see your class roster with a dropdown menu for each student.
- Enter your grades in the grades column by pulling down each menu and clicking on the appropriate grade.
- If you discover that you have submitted the wrong grade, use the Change button next to that student’s grade.
- Please verify carefully that you have chosen the correct grade for each student.
4. When you are finished entering your grades, you will see two buttons at the bottom of the page:
SAVE DRAFT: Use this if you wish to save what you have entered but are not done entering all your grades. Remember to go back later and submit your grades!
SUBMIT: Use this button to officially submit grades. You may submit some grades for a course even if you have not completed all the grades for that course.
5. Once you submit your grades, you will receive an email that will allow you to confirm the accuracy of your submitted grades.
See: http://catalog.stolaf.edu/academic-regulations-procedures/grades/#incompletes for policy on incompletes.
- On the SIS grading page, click on the Incomplete button.
If a student withdrew from the college or withdrew from a course after the last day to drop, the student remains on your course list. You will see a status of “W.”
If a student has been auditing your course, you will see two options for a grade:
- S: successful audit (the student has completed the work that you and they agreed to when you filled out the audit form at the beginning of the term)
- U: unsuccessful audit (the student did not complete all of the agreed-upon work)
GRADE of F:
- If you give a grade of “F”, a separate form will pop up that needs to be filled out to indicate the reason for the grade. This information is used for financial aid purposes.
WORLD LANGUAGE INSTRUCTORS:
- If you give a grade that requires a grade report form, please complete the pop-up form that will appear on your screen.
Keep in mind that once you submit your grades, they will post immediately to the student record and your students will be able to see them.
FOR SENIOR GRADES (Spring Term Only):
Check all courses for seniors; do not assume that you have no seniors in a course. You can submit grades for some members of a course (such as seniors) without having to complete and submit all grades at once. Remember to submit, not just save the grades.
All senior grades are due 24 hours after the final exam. You may submit your grades before this deadline.
All non-senior grades are due according to the date on the Registrar’s calendar.