An Override is an electronic process that you, the instructor, can perform to permit a student to add your course in the following situations:
- The student has not met the hard-coded prerequisites.
- The course is closed.
The Dept Chair/Program Director has determined prerequisites for each course in your dept/program. Prerequisites can include a preceding course, a GE, or a restriction that a course is for majors or specific student classification(s) only. Our recommendation is to not begin maintaining waitlists until after the first full week of registration. Please note the following:
- The ability to request an Override for prereqs will begin during Quiet Week for Advising.
- Our recommendation is to not entertain Overrides due to capacity until after registration begins and the course is full.
- Remember that if your course reopens due to a student dropping, any other student may take that final seat.
- If you approve a prereq Override but the course is full by the time the student registers, you can elect to submit another Override for capacity or decide to add that student to your instructor-maintained waitlist.