Note that you do not need to be a St. Olaf student to benefit from our summer course offerings.
(see “Guest Student Information” at left)
Why study in summer?
- Reduced tuition compared to the regular academic year
- Focus on just one or two classes
- Fulfill graduation requirements
- Small class sizes
- Take up to 2.50 credits per term
- Enjoy summer on the Hill (Facebook link)
Registration begins March 1, 2018:
Term 1: June 4–July 12:
- June 4: First day of class
- June 7: Last day to add a class
- June 18: Last day to drop a class or make S/U change
- July 12: Last day of classes/final exams
- July 19: Grades due
- No classes July 4 (holiday)
Term 2: July 16–August 22:
- July 16: First day of class
- July 19: Last day to add a class
- July 30: Last day to drop a class or make S/U change
- August 22: Last day of classes/final exams
- August 22: Summer IS/IR/Internship projects due
- August 29: Grades due
- August 29: Summer IS/IR/Internship grades due
View class/lab schedule
Guest access here (12.26.2017courses are not yet available)
The decision to cancel a course is made at the end of the first day of class for Term 1 and Term 2. If the course has not met the minimum enrollment designated by the instructor on that day, then the course may be cancelled after consultation between the instructor and the summer sessions coordinator.
If a course is cancelled, the student may register for another course by completing a drop/add slip and obtaining the signature of the instructor of the newly-added course. If the student determines no other course meets his/her course needs then the $50 deposit will be refunded if registered at 1.00 credit. This is the only circumstance where the deposit is refundable.
Summer 2018 Cancelled Courses:
Summer Session I:
Summer Session II:
Contact Paula Stowe by email or at (507) 786-3006 with any questions.