Important note about summer hours (June 1, 2021 – August 27, 2021): Rush processing is not available for mail or express mail transcripts during summer hours. Mail and express mail transcripts are processed once a week on Wednesdays.
Official transcript requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis according to the date received. Regular processing for electronic transcripts is 2-3 business days. Rush processing for electronic transcripts is completed the same day if the request is received by 10 AM CST/CDT. During summer hours, rush requests on Fridays must be submitted by 8:30 AM. We do not take transcript requests by phone or email, and we do not deliver transcripts by fax. Please see the other options below. If you are requesting a rush transcript, the online process is best.
Unofficial transcripts are available only for current students via the Courses and Grades section of SIS.
Transcripts requested before grades are due for a term will show IP for grades instead of a letter grade. To ensure your recently completed semester and/or graduation shows on your transcript, please select “Hold for Grades.” Please call 507-786-3015 or email email@example.com with any transcript questions.
Submitting Your Request
Online (preferred method):
- Order your official transcript via the National Student Clearinghouse with a major credit card. Forms that need to be included with your transcript (AMCAS, LSAC, PTCAS, etc.) can be attached to your request.
- Current students may log in to the SIS to access the link to the Clearinghouse website to place an order. Under Student, click on Personal. Go to the right side and choose Clearinghouse Services.
- Electronic transcripts are only available to students who started at St. Olaf after September 7, 1995, but you can still use the NSC process to order a paper transcript to be mailed.
- If you have any questions regarding the process through NSC, please contact NSC at (703) 742-4200.
- Current students can request transcripts in person at Tomson Hall 149 by completing the paper Official Transcript Request Form located outside the Registrar’s Office window. We accept cash, check, credit, debit, Ole dollars, or money order.
- Seniors: Transcripts are not processed during the week leading up to Commencement in May.
Mail and Fax:
- Your official transcript request may be sent by US mail or by fax to the Registrar’s Office. Include payment with the request. Incomplete or unsigned requests will not be processed. Be sure to include a daytime phone number and write clearly.
- Mailed requests are payable by cash, check, money order, or credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
- Faxed requests are payable by credit card and should be faxed to 507-786-3758.
Pricing and Delivery
For transcripts being mailed outside the United States, we recommend the FedEx delivery option, which will provide a tracking number. It can take several weeks through US Mail otherwise.
|Mail or Hold for Pickup (hold for pickup not available at this time)||$8.00|
|Fed-Ex: United States||$23.00|
|Fed-Ex: Canada & Mexico||$28.00|
|Rush Processing||Add $5.00 to all forms of requests|
|Paracollege Evaluations||Add $5.00 to all forms of requests|
* ETX: Available through the National Student Clearinghouse if the receiving school is a participant.
Standard USPS Delivery:
Paper transcripts are sent First-Class Mail® through the United States Postal Service (USPS) and can take 2 to 14 days for delivery within the United States.
Used if next business day delivery is needed Monday through Friday. If Saturday delivery is needed, please call the Registrar’s Office at 507-786-3015 for the additional cost. There is an additional charge for FedEx delivery. A complete street address and destination phone number is required (FedEx does not deliver to PO Boxes).