Official transcript requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis according to the date received. Regular processing for electronic transcripts is 2-3 business days. Rush processing for electronic transcripts is completed the same day if the request is received by 11 AM Central time. During summer hours, rush requests on Fridays must be submitted by 8:30 AM. Transcript requests cannot be made by phone or email. Please see the other options below. If you are requesting a rush transcript, the online process is best.
Unofficial transcripts are available only for current students via the Courses and Grades section of SIS. Former students can request an official transcript to be sent to themselves to use as an unofficial transcript.
Transcripts requested at a time when a grade has not yet been posted for a course will show “IP” (in progress) for the grade instead of a final letter grade. To ensure your recently completed semester and/or graduation date shows on your transcript, please select “Hold for Grades” on your request.
Please call 507-786-3015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any transcript questions.
Submitting Your Request
Online (preferred method):
- Order your official transcript via the National Student Clearinghouse with a major credit card. Forms that need to be included with your transcript (AMCAS, LSAC, PTCAS, etc.) can be attached to your request.
- Current students may log in to the SIS to access the link to the Clearinghouse website to place an order. Under Student, click on Personal. Go to the right side and choose Clearinghouse Services.
- Electronic transcripts are only available to students who started at St. Olaf after September 4, 1985, but you can still use the NSC process to order a paper transcript to be mailed.
- If you have any questions regarding the process through NSC, please contact NSC at (703) 742-4200.
- Current students can request transcripts in person at Tomson Hall 149 by completing the paper Official Transcript Request Form located outside the Registrar’s Office window. We accept cash, check, credit, debit, Ole dollars, or money order.
- Seniors: Transcripts are not processed during the week leading up to Commencement in May.
- Your Official Transcript Request Form may be sent by mail to the Registrar’s Office. Include payment with the request. Incomplete or unsigned requests will not be processed. Be sure to include a daytime phone number and write clearly.
- Mailed requests are payable by cash, check, or money order.
Pricing and Delivery
For transcripts being mailed outside the United States, we recommend the FedEx delivery option, which will provide a tracking number. It can take several weeks through US Mail otherwise.
|Mail or Hold for Pickup (hold for pickup not available at this time)
|FedEx: United States
|FedEx: Canada & Mexico
|Add $5.00 to all forms of requests
|Add $5.00 to all forms of requests
* ETX: Available through the National Student Clearinghouse if the receiving school is a participant.
Standard USPS Delivery:
Paper transcripts are sent First-Class Mail® through the United States Postal Service (USPS) and can take 2 to 14 days for delivery within the United States.
Used if next business day delivery is needed Monday through Friday. If Saturday delivery is needed, please call the Registrar’s Office at 507-786-3015 for the additional cost. There is an additional charge for FedEx delivery. A complete street address and a destination phone number are required (FedEx does not deliver to PO Boxes).