St. Olaf College is closed to non-essential personnel due to the “Stay at Home” order issued by Gov. Tim Walz until April 10, 2020. The St. Olaf College Registrar’s Office staff will be working remotely during this time, which restricts our ability to process and mail paper transcripts.
- We will not process any Mail, FedEx, or Hold for Pickup transcript requests until further notice.
- However, you can still order electronic transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse. These will continue to be processed as usual. Electronic transcripts are available for students who started at St. Olaf after September 7, 1995.
- The fee for rush processing electronic delivery transcripts has been reduced to $12.00. The fee for regular processing electronic delivery transcripts has been reduced to $8.00.
Official transcript requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis according to the date received. Regular processing is 2-4 business days. Rush processing is completed the same day if the request is received by 10 AM CST/CDT. During summer hours, rush requests on Fridays must be submitted by 8:30 AM. We do not take transcript requests by phone or email, and we do not deliver transcripts by fax. Please see the other options below. If you are requesting a rush transcript, the online process is best.
Unofficial transcripts are available only for current students via the Courses and Grades section of SIS.
Transcripts requested before grades are due for a term will show IP for grades instead of a letter grade. To ensure your recently completed semester and/or graduation shows on your transcript, please select “Hold for Grades.” Please call 507-786-3015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any transcript questions.
Submitting Your Request
- Current students can request transcripts in person at Tomson Hall 149 by completing the paper Official Transcript Request Form located outside the Registrar’s Office window. We accept cash, check, credit, debit, Ole dollars, or money order.
- Seniors: Transcripts are not processed during the week leading up to graduation.
- You may order your official transcript via the National Student Clearinghouse. You will need a major credit card. Forms that need to be included with your transcript (AMCAS, LSAC, PTCAS, etc.) can be attached to your request.
- Current students may log in to the SIS to access the link to the Clearinghouse website to place an order. Under Student, click on Personal. Go to the right side and choose Clearinghouse Services.
- Electronic transcripts are only available to students who started at St. Olaf after September 7, 1995.
- If you have any questions regarding the process through NSC, please contact NSC at (703) 742-4200.
Mail and Fax:
- Your official transcript request may be sent by US mail or by fax to the Registrar’s Office. Include payment with the request. Incomplete or unsigned requests will not be processed. Be sure to include a daytime phone number and write clearly.
- Mailed requests are payable by cash, check, money order, or credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
- Faxed requests are payable by credit card and should be faxed to 507-786-3758.
Pricing and Delivery
For transcripts being mailed outside the United States, we recommend the FedEx delivery option. This way there is a tracking number for you to track your transcript; otherwise, it can take several weeks through US Mail.
|Mail or Hold for Pickup||$8.00|
|Fed-Ex: United States||$23.00|
|Fed-Ex: Canada & Mexico||$28.00|
|Rush Processing||Add $5.00 to all forms of requests|
|Paracollege Evaluations||Add $5.00 to all forms of requests|
* ETX: Available through the National Student Clearinghouse if the receiving school is a participant.
Standard USPS Delivery:
Paper transcripts are sent First-Class Mail® through the United States Postal Service (USPS) and can take 2 to 14 days for delivery within the United States.
Used if next business day delivery is needed Monday through Friday. If Saturday delivery is needed, please call the Registrar’s Office at 507-786-3015 for the additional cost. There is an additional charge for FedEx delivery. A complete street address and destination phone number is required (FedEx does not deliver to PO Boxes).