The student conduct coordinator oversees proceedings involving student conduct. The student conduct coordinator:
- Shall determine which conduct coordinator will adjudicate each case.
- Shall determine the Code of Conduct charges to be filed pursuant to this code.
- Shall impose sanctions upon students found responsible for violating the Code of Student Conduct.
- Shall develop policies for the administration of the conduct process, procedural guidelines for the conduct of adjudications, and guidelines for determining appropriate sanctions.
- May consider alternative forms of conflict resolution, such as mediation. A conduct coordinator, an individual trained in mediation techniques, or any other individual agreed upon by the affected student and the college may be designated as mediator/arbiter of disputes within the student community. Mediation/arbitration shall be conducted only when deemed appropriate by the student conduct coordinator, and when the party or parties so agree.