GradFest is an opportunity for you to take care of all of your senior needs at one time and place. This year’s GradFest is on Thursday, April 24. You can:
- Get information about Commencement Weekend 2014 — the weekend in May that you and your friends and family can celebrate your graduation from St. Olaf College.
- Record the pronunciation of your name so that it’s read correctly at commencement.
- Pick up your cap and gown at GradFest with your $35 fee [cash,check, credit card, or Ole Dollars). Please note that the gown fee increases to $40 for orders placed after GradFest. We are using a new gown from Jostens that is made from 100% recyclable fabric! Grads will be purchasing the gown, so there is no longer a gown collection after commencement. The purchase of each gown is connected to a give-back program coordinated by Jostens. Each gown includes a hang tag looped through the gown label. The label will contain information about the environmental benefits of the gown and will offer students the opportunity to go online to enter a unique code. With each code entered, Jostens will donate $1 to an environmental sustainability project. The specific project supported during a particular time period will be described on the provided web site. So the class of 2014 has the opportunity to donate approximately $700 to a great cause. Remember, if you plan to participate in commencement, you are required to wear a black cap and gown. Reservations need to be completed online before March 20th, 2014. If you are an early graduate or will be off campus on April 24th, you may send a proxy to the event. Please notify Julie Larson at email@example.com of who your proxy will be.
- Get information about ordering graduation announcements, diploma frames and class rings.
- Pick up your senior t-shirt from your senior campaign representative
- Vote for your favorite professor to give the Last Lecture.
Attend GradFest in the Sun and Gold Ballrooms, Buntrock Commons, during one of the following times:
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
4 – 7 p.m.
- Please note that GradFest is an “open house” type of event – you may come and go as your schedule permits.
- Due to the high turnout of students at this event, please allow approximately an hour to complete all details
- Register to win prizes!
Who will be there?
The following offices will be represented at GradFest:
Office of Special Events
The Office of Special Events is coordinating Commencement Weekend this year, which includes activities for seniors and their families. This is a great opportunity to handle any questions or concerns regarding Commencement Weekend.
Please click here to order your cap and gown for commencement. Follow directions provided to insure availability of a cap and gown at GradFest. Orders must be placed before March 8th.
After you complete your First Destination survey (see below), you will pay for your cap and gown at GradFest and take them with you.
Piper Center for Vocation and Career
Help us help you with your transition to post-college life by completing the “Class of 2014: First Destination” survey. Piper Center staff members will be available with information about “next steps” after you walk across the stage on Commencement Day. When your survey is complete, you will receive your cap and gown.
The Financial Aid Office will be at GradFest with information for students who have borrowed Federal (Stafford and Perkins) Loans during their years at St. Olaf. When students graduate they are required to complete exit counseling for the Stafford and Perkins Loans. Information will be provided on how to complete the online exit counseling. Information will also be provided on loan repayment and loan consolidation. Loan information will not be specific to a particular borrower. The information will be general information meant for anyone who has borrowed. Click here for information on your student loan.
St. Olaf Fund
Participate in the senior class campaign to help raise awareness and funds for the college’s annual fund. Meet with your senior campaign rep, make a pledge, and pick up your senior t-shirt.
The Office of the Registrar will provide information on requesting transcripts.
Student Activities Committee
The Student Activities Committee (SAC) will be present to provide information about entertainment activities for the week. Make sure to stop by and cast your vote for your favorite professor to deliver “The Last Lecture during Senior Week”.
Institutional Research and Evaluation (IR&E)
IR&E coordinates the participation of all seniors in spring semester learning outcomes assessment, which helps St. Olaf document its academic excellence (and the value of the diplomas you’ll be receiving!), while at the same time suggesting priorities for continued improvement. IR&E staff will be at GradFest to provide thank-you gifts to those who have completed their assessment activity, and to register any who have not.