Take care of all of your senior needs at one time and place:
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
11 a.m.–1 p.m. and 4–7 p.m. (arrive as your schedule permits)
Buntrock Commons Ballrooms
If you are an early graduate or will be off campus please notify Julie Larson in the Bookstore about who you are sending as your GradFest proxy.
Allow one hour to take care of the following details:
- Get information about Commencement Weekend — the weekend in May that you and your friends and family can celebrate your graduation.
- Record the pronunciation of your name so that it’s read correctly at Commencement.
- Pick up your cap and gown at GradFest with your $35 fee (cash, check, or credit card). Note that the gown fee increases to $40 for orders placed after GradFest.
Remember: if you plan to participate in Commencement, you are required to wear a black cap and gown.
- Get information about ordering graduation announcements, diploma frames, and class rings.
- Register for Senior Days.
- Make a gift in appreciation of St. Olaf as part of the Senior Class Gift.
- Vote for your favorite professor to give the Last Lecture.
- Register to win prizes.
Who will be there?
Events Management Office
The Events Management Office coordinates Commencement Weekend and all of its activities for seniors and their families. This is your chance to ask questions and register. They will also be checking to see if you’ve selected your indoor ceremony seats.
- Prior to GradFest, students must reserve their cap and gown online with Jostens by March 8. Pick up of gowns and payment of $35 is due at GradFest (cash, check, or credit card accepted). For orders placed after GradFest, the purchase fee is $40.
- After you complete the Piper Center’s Class of 2018 Survey (see below), you will pay for your cap and gown at GradFest and take them with you.
Piper Center for Vocation and Career
Help us help you with your transition to post-college life by completing the Class of 2018 Survey survey. Piper Center staff members will be available with information about “next steps” after you walk across the stage on Commencement Day. When your survey is complete, you will receive your cap and gown.
The Financial Aid Office will be at GradFest with information for students who have borrowed Federal (Direct and Perkins) loans during their years at St. Olaf. When students graduate they are required to complete exit counseling for the Direct and Perkins loans. Information will be provided on how to complete the online exit counseling. Information also will be provided on loan repayment and loan consolidation. Loan information will not be specific to a particular borrower. The information will be general information meant for anyone who has borrowed. Find information about your student loans here.
St. Olaf Fund
Meet with the Senior Class Gift committee to learn more and make your contribution as part of the Senior Class Gift.
The Registrar’s Office will be at Grad Fest to answer questions you may have about your diploma, honor cords, transcript, and degree audits.
Student Activities Committee
SAC will provide information about Senior Days and be selling wristbands ($30 – cash, Ole Dollars, check, and credit card accepted). This is the only day to purchase your wristband! cash is recommended for quickest payment and registration. If you are off campus, please contact: email@example.com.
Stop by to make sure we know the correct pronunciation of your name.