Take care of all of your graduating senior needs at one time and place:
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
11 a.m.–5 p.m. (arrive as your schedule permits)
Buntrock Commons Black and Gold Ballroom
If you are an early graduate or will be off campus, please notify the Events Management Office at 507-786-3811 or firstname.lastname@example.org about who you are sending as your GradFest proxy.
In order to streamline your experience at GradFest, please complete the Senior Survey ahead of time if possible.
Allow one hour to take care of the following details:
- Get information about Commencement Weekend — the weekend in May that you and your friends and family can celebrate your graduation.
- Record the pronunciation of your name so that it’s read correctly at Commencement. This table will only be open at GradFest from 11 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. If you cannot make it during this time, please visit the Name Pronunciation Table set up near the Cage at one of these times: April 30 – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., May 8 – 3 to 5 p.m., and May 16 – 11 a.m. to 1p.m.
- Pick up your cap and gown, diploma frame, and graduation announcements. To streamline the process, please preorder these items from Herff Jones by March 18, 2019. If you missed the order deadline, you will need to purchase your cap and gown at GradFest on April 23, 2019. Beginning April 24, 2019, cap & gown prices increase and will be available for purchase in the Bookstore.
Remember: if you plan to participate in Commencement, you are required to wear a black cap and gown.
- Get information about ordering class rings from Herff Jones or Jostens.
- Jostens will be offering special pricing during the GradFest Event- rings starting at $199 and you will receive a $20 Bookstore giftcard with purchase
- Register for Senior Days.
- Make a gift in celebration of your time on the Hill as part of the Senior Class Campaign.
- Vote for your favorite professor to give the Last Lecture.
- Register to win prizes.
Who will be there?
Events Management Office
The Events Management Office coordinates Commencement Weekend and all of its activities for seniors and their families. This is your chance to ask questions about Commencement Weekend registration and reserve your indoor ceremony seats if you have not done so already.
- Prior to GradFest, students must reserve their cap and gown online with Herff Jones by March 18, 2019.
- After completing the Piper Center’s Senior Survey (see below), you will pay for your cap and gown (if you have not already done so online) at GradFest and take them with you.
Piper Center for Vocation and Career
Help us help you with your transition to post-college life by completing the Senior Survey. Piper Center staff members will be available with information about “next steps” after you walk across the stage on Commencement Day. When your survey is complete, you will receive your cap and gown.
Student Financial Services (Financial Aid and Student Accounts)
The Financial Aid Office will be at GradFest with information for students who have borrowed Federal Perkins loans and St. Olaf college loan borrowers during their years at St. Olaf. When students graduate they are required to complete exit counseling for the Perkins loans. Information will be provided on how to complete the online exit counseling. Information also will be provided on loan repayment and loan consolidation. Loan information will not be specific to a particular borrower. The information will be general information meant for anyone who has borrowed. Find information about your student loans here.
St. Olaf Fund
Meet with the Senior Class Campaign committee to learn more and make your gift to celebrate the opportunities you had on, and off the Hill.
The Registrar’s Office will be at Grad Fest to answer questions you may have about your diploma, honor cords, transcript, and degree audits.
Student Activities Committee
SAC will provide information about Senior Days and be selling wristbands (cash, Ole Dollars, check, and credit card accepted). This is the only day to purchase your wristband! Cash is recommended for quickest payment and registration. If you are off campus, please contact: email@example.com.
Stop by to make sure we know the correct pronunciation of your name between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.on April 23. If you cannot make it to GradFest during this time, please meet with the Name Reader at one of the times listed below in Buntrock Commons (a table will be set up near the Cage):
- Tuesday, April 30, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 8, 3 to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, May 16, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.