Due to the impacts of COVID-19, St. Olaf College’s 2020 Commencement festivities have been postponed and will be rescheduled for a date in late May/early June of 2021.
- Check with department and/or program on major, emphasis, and/or concentration.
- Optional: Schedule time with coaching staff within the Piper Center for Vocation and Career to begin the job search process, have your resume critiqued, and log on to Handshake to locate jobs in your field of interest.
- Registrar’s Office begins senior audit checks. Audit checks require student response.
- Application for graduation added to SIS accounts. Watch for an email from the Registrar.
- Verify graduation information for your diploma, the commencement program, and your major/concentration certification (as posted by the Registrar).
- Confirm your intent to graduate via SIS.
- Apply to graduate online using the “Application to Graduate” form in your SIS account. Review your audit carefully and contact the Registrar’s Office if you have questions or concerns. The deadline for the online graduation application found in the SIS is February 28.
- If you do not plan to participate in the Commencement ceremony, please contact the Events Management Office at (507) 786-3811 or email@example.com. Notice of non-participation must be submitted in writing. Be sure to check that you have no outstanding accounts with the Business Office, and confirm with the Registrar’s Office that your senior audit is complete and provide them with an updated address for the forwarding of your diploma.
- A sneak peek informational email containing Commencement Weekend information along with registration information will be emailed to seniors and parents of graduates in early March. Registration questions may be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 507-786-3811.
- Cap & Gown Orders: All students who ordered a cap and gown for Commencement 2020 will receive an email with information on next steps for regalia. It will include a link for students who would like a refund, which the vendor will provide. Students also have the option of keeping their original order to celebrate with family and friends, to use for photographs, and/or to wear it for the ceremony to take place in late May/early June 2021.
- Commencement Weekend Registration and Indoor Commencement Ticketing will not open March 17th as previously announced due to the coronavirus pandemic. Please visit St. Olaf’s COVID-19 webpage for further information.
- Starting April 17, please complete the Piper Center’s Senior Survey before GradFest to help streamline your GradFest experience.
When ordering transcripts during spring semester, be sure to mark “send after Semester II grades and degree have been posted.” This ensures your degree will be listed. Senior transcripts will be processed and sent after Commencement.
The Financial Aid Office will email instructions to complete a REQUIRED Exit Loan Counseling for Federal Perkins and St. Olaf College Loan borrowers.
- Celebrate the great opportunities you had and the relationships you built at St. Olaf by making a gift as part of the Senior Class Campaign.
- Reminder: When ordering transcripts during spring semester, be sure to mark “send after Semester II grades and degree have been posted.” This ensures your degree will be listed. Senior transcripts will be processed and sent after Commencement.
- Complete the Senior Survey if you didn’t get a chance at GradFest.
- Attend one Federal Loan Repayment Session. Date, time and location will be sent via email from the Financial Aid Office.
- Complete required exit loan counseling for Federal Perkins Loan and St. Olaf College loan borrowers by May 15.
- Residence halls and honor houses will close the Monday after graduation. Visit Residence Life for details.
- Steam your gown before the ceremony as the gowns come out of the package wrinkled. The Office of Student Activities will have a steamer available for your use during Senior Days.
- Make sure you have no outstanding balance on your student account and no financial obligations to the college prior to Commencement. You will not be able to receive your diploma if you have outstanding fees. Check your account online or call 507-786-3766.
- Senior Days have been canceled (May 20-22, 2020).
- Don’t forget to make your gift! Your last chance to contribute as part of the Senior Class Campaign is May 31!
- Arrive at the Tostrud Field House for Commencement rehearsal at the designated time in your cap and gown with tassel.
- Contact your area coordinator or resident assistant to check out of your residence hall or honor house by no later than the Monday after Commencement.