- Check with department and/or program on major, emphasis, and/or concentration.
- Optional: Schedule time with coaching staff within the Piper Center for Vocation and Career to begin the job search process, have your resume critiqued, and log on to Handshake to locate jobs in your field of interest.
- Registrar’s Office begins senior audit checks. Audit checks require student response.
- Application for graduation added to SIS accounts. Watch for an email from the Registrar.
- Verify graduation information for your diploma, the commencement program, and your major/concentration certification (as posted by the Registrar).
- Confirm your intent to graduate via SIS.
- Apply to graduate online using the “Application to Graduate” form in your SIS account. Review your audit carefully and contact the Registrar’s Office if you have questions or concerns. The deadline for the online graduation application found in the SIS is February 28.
- If you do not plan to participate in the Commencement ceremony, please contact the College Events Office at (507) 786-3031 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notice of non-participation must be submitted in writing. Be sure to check that you have no outstanding accounts with the Business Office, and confirm with the Registrar’s Office that your senior audit is complete and provide them with an updated address for the forwarding of your diploma.
- Cap & Gown Orders: All students who ordered a cap and gown for Commencement 2024 will receive an email with information on next steps for regalia.
- Commencement Weekend Registration will open early-March 2024. You will receive an email with a link to register.
- A sneak peek informational email containing Commencement Weekend information along with registration information will be emailed to graduates the Monday after Spring Break. Registration questions may be directed by email to email@example.com or by phone at 507-786-3031.
- Starting April 17, please complete the Piper Center’s Senior Survey before GradFest to help streamline your GradFest experience. Check your email for the link to the survey.
When ordering transcripts during spring semester, be sure to mark “send after Semester II grades and degree have been posted.” This ensures your degree will be listed. Senior transcripts will be processed and sent after Commencement.
The Financial Aid Office will email instructions to complete a REQUIRED Exit Loan Counseling for Federal Perkins and St. Olaf College Loan borrowers.
- Reminder: When ordering transcripts during spring semester, be sure to mark “send after Semester II grades and degree have been posted.” This ensures your degree will be listed. Senior transcripts will be processed and sent after Commencement.
- In order to pick up your cap and gown, you must complete the Senior Survey. You may do it in person at GradFest on May 15, or complete the survey ahead of time. Please check your email for the link to the survey.
- Attend one Federal Loan Repayment Session. Date, time and location will be sent via email from the Financial Aid Office.
- Complete required exit loan counseling for Federal Perkins Loan and St. Olaf College loan borrowers by May 13.
- Steam your gown before the ceremony as the gowns come out of the package wrinkled. The Office of Student Activities will have a steamer available for your use during Senior Days.
- Make sure you have no outstanding balance on your student account and no financial obligations to the college prior to Commencement. You will not be able to receive your diploma if you have outstanding fees. Check your account online or call 507-786-3766.
- Senior Days will take place the week of May 22-23, 2024. Check back for more information.
- Attend GradFest Wednesday, May 15 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm in the Buntrock Crossroads.
- On Saturday, May 25 please plan to arrive at the Tostrud Field House for Commencement rehearsal at 12:00 pm in your cap and gown with tassel.
- Follow the end of the year checkout protocol as directed by Residence Life. Information will be available by April 15. Visit Residence Life for details.
- Residence halls and townhouses will close on Sunday 1:00 pm for graduates or those participating in Commencement activities.