- Check with department and/or program on major, emphasis, and/or concentration.
- Optional: Schedule time with coaching staff within the Piper Center for Vocation and Career to begin the job search process, have your resume critiqued, and log on to Handshake to locate jobs in your field of interest.
- Registrar’s Office begins senior audit checks. Audit checks require student response.
- Students authorize senior audit checks through SIS
- Application for graduation added to SIS accounts. Watch for an email from the Registrar.
- Verify graduation information for your diploma, the commencement program, and your major/concentration certification (as posted by the Registrar).
- Confirm your intent to graduate via SIS.
- Order your cap and gown from Herff Jones to ensure availability at GradFest.
- Apply to graduate online using the “Application to Graduate” form in your SIS account. Review your audit carefully and contact the Registrar’s Office if you have questions or concerns. The deadline for the online graduation application found in the SIS is February 28.
- If you do not plan to participate in the Commencement ceremony, please contact the Events Management Office at (507) 786-3811 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notice of non-participation must be submitted in writing. Be sure to check that you have no outstanding accounts with the Business Office, and confirm with the Registrar’s Office that your senior audit is complete and provide them with an updated address for the forwarding of your diploma.
- Commencement Ceremony online ticket selection opens in mid-March for guaranteed limited seating (3 seats per graduate participating in Commencement) if the ceremony is held indoors due to inclement weather. Students must complete their ticket selection by the end of April in order to guarantee indoor seating. An email will be sent to students with login and ticket reservation instructions in mid-March. No tickets are required for general seating if Commencement is held outdoors. Check out this step-by-step guide for ordering tickets online.
- Commencement Weekend Registration opens in mid-March for all weekend events (except the Commencement Ceremony). We encourage one family member to register the entire party together, including the graduating senior, to keep registration materials together and avoid duplicate registrations; however, registering family members in separate registrations is allowed.
- Cap & Gown Orders: Place your orders online by March 18. If you miss the online order deadline, your next opportunity to purchase caps & gowns will be at GradFest. You can still order rings, diploma frames, and announcements online after March 18.
- A booklet (“Sneak Peek”) containing Commencement Weekend information along with registration information will be mailed to parents of graduating seniors in early March. Graduating seniors will also receive the Sneak Peek via email in early March. Registration questions may be directed by email to email@example.com or by phone at 507-786-3811.
- If you will be off campus after April 1, contact Events Management Office staff (firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-786-3811) to ensure that you will receive pertinent commencement information.
- Please complete the Piper Center’s Senior Survey before GradFest to help streamline your GradFest experience.
GradFest is taking place April 23, 2019 in the Buntrock Ballrooms. Come and go as your schedule permits between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The St. Olaf Bookstore will be distributing caps and gowns at GradFest. You will need to pay for your gown at this time ($35: cash, check, credit card, or Ole Dollars). Try on your gown to make sure it’s the right size.
- The Name Reader will be available at GradFest from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to record the pronunciation of your name for the Commencement Ceremony.
- Register for Senior Days.
- Check with family members to ensure that they have received registration information for Commencement Weekend events. Events requiring preregistration include: on-campus housing for family and friends of graduates, Graduation Gala, and Sunday Brunch in Stav Hall.
When ordering transcripts during spring semester, be sure to mark “send after Semester II grades and degree have been posted.” This ensures your degree will be listed. Senior transcripts will be processed and sent after Commencement.
The Financial Aid Office will email instructions to complete a REQUIRED Exit Loan Counseling for Federal Perkins and St. Olaf College Loan borrowers.
- Online indoor commencement ticketing closes April 26, 2019. If someone in your party needs accessible seating (including for those with hearing loss), please contact the Events Management Office in Alumni Hall by emailing email@example.com or calling x3811. Tickets are required for the accessible section whether the ceremony is inside or outdoors.
- Celebrate the great opportunities you had and the relationships you built at St. Olaf by making a gift as part of the Senior Class Campaign.
- If you missed recording the pronunciation of your name at GradFest, please visit the Name Pronunciation Table near the Cage on April 30 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. or at later days in May (listed below).
- Reminder: When ordering transcripts during spring semester, be sure to mark “send after Semester II grades and degree have been posted.” This ensures your degree will be listed. Senior transcripts will be processed and sent after Commencement.
- Complete the Senior Survey if you didn’t get a chance at GradFest.
- If you missed recording the pronunciation of your name at the designated times in April, please visit the Name Pronunciation Table near the Cage on May 8 from 3 to 5 p.m. or May 16 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Attend one Federal Loan Repayment Session. Date, time and location will be sent via email from the Financial Aid Office.
- Complete required exit loan counseling for Federal Perkins Loan and St. Olaf College loan borrowers by May 15.
- Residence halls and honor houses will close the Monday after graduation. Visit Residence Life for details.
- Steam your gown before the ceremony as the gowns come out of the package wrinkled. The Office of Student Activities will have a steamer available for your use during Senior Days.
- Make sure you have no outstanding balance on your student account and no financial obligations to the college prior to commencement. You will not be able to receive your diploma if you have outstanding fees. Check your account online or call 507-786-3766.
- Pick up Senior Days wristband, if ordered, on May 22-23 in the Buntrock Commons Crossroads
- Senior Days will take place May 22-25
- Don’t forget to make your gift! Your last chance to contribute as part of the Senior Class Campaign is May 31!
- Arrive at the Tostrud Field House for Commencement rehearsal Sunday, May 26 at the designated time in your cap and gown with tassel.
- Contact your area coordinator or resident assistant to check out of your residence hall or honor house by no later than the Monday after commencement.