- Check with department and/or program on major, emphasis, and/or concentration.
- Optional: Schedule time with coaching staff within the Piper Center for Vocation and Career to begin the job search process, have your resume critiqued, and log on to Handshake to locate jobs in your field of interest.
- Registrar’s Office begins senior audit checks. Audit checks require student response.
- Students authorize senior audit checks through SIS
- Application for graduation added to SIS accounts. Watch for an email from the Registrar.
- Verify graduation information for your diploma, the commencement program, and your major/concentration certification (as posted by the Registrar).
- Confirm your intent to graduate via SIS.
- Order your cap and gown from Jostens by the March deadline to ensure availability at GradFest.
- Apply to graduate online using the “Application to Graduate” form in your SIS account. Review your audit carefully and contact the Registrar’s Office if you have questions or concerns. The deadline for the online graduation application found in the SIS is Thursday, March 1.
- Commencement online ticket selection opens mid-March 2019.
- A booklet containing Commencement Weekend information along with registration information will be mailed to parents of graduating seniors in March. Graduating seniors will also receive Commencement Weekend information in the P.O. boxes at this time. Registration questions can be directed to Brienne Jans (firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-786-8254) in the Events Management Office.
- If you will be off campus after April 1, contact Brienne Jans (email@example.com, 507-786-8254) to ensure that you will receive pertinent commencement information.
GradFest is taking place April 23, in the Buntrock Ballrooms. Come and go as your schedule permits during either session: 11 a.m.–1 p.m. or 4–7 p.m.
The St. Olaf Bookstore will be distributing caps and gowns at GradFest. You will need to pay for your gown at this time ($35: cash, check, credit card, or Ole Dollars). Try on your gown to make sure it’s the right size. If it isn’t, you might be able to correct it.
- Check with family members to ensure that they have received registration information for Commencement Weekend events. Events requiring preregistration include: on-campus housing for family and friends of graduates, Graduation Gala, and Sunday Brunch in Stav Hall.
When ordering transcripts during spring semester, be sure to mark “send after Semester II grades and degree have been posted.” This ensures your degree will be listed. Senior transcripts will be processed and sent after Commencement.
The Financial Aid Office will email instructions to complete a REQUIRED Exit Loan Counseling for Federal Perkins and St. Olaf College Loan borrowers.
Inform Brienne Jans (firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-786-8254) and email@example.com if you will not attend graduation and did not note this on your graduation application.
- Online indoor commencement ticketing closes in April 2019.
- If necessary, you may exchange two of your three general seating tickets for two in the accessible seating seating area. This can be done in the Events Management Office in Alumni Hall. Tickets are required for this section whether the ceremony is inside or outdoors.
- Submit photos for the senior collage (the more, the better).
- Celebrate your four years on the Hill and show appreciation for the great experiences you had the relationships you built at St. Olaf by making a gift as part of the Senior Class Gift.
- Reminder: When ordering transcripts during spring semester, be sure to mark “send after Semester II grades and degree have been posted.” This ensures your degree will be listed. Senior transcripts will be processed and sent after Commencement.
- Complete the Class of 2019 Survey survey if you didn’t get a chance at GradFest.
- Attend one Federal Loan Repayment Session. Date, time and location will be sent via email from the Financial Aid Office.
- Complete required exit loan counseling for Federal Perkins Loan and St. Olaf College loan borrowers by May 15.
- Residence halls and honor houses will close the Monday after graduation. Visit Residence Life for details.
- If you are concerned about the pronunciation of your name at commencement, connect with the name reader to review pronunciation.
- Steam your gown before the ceremony as the gowns come out of the package wrinkled. The Office of Student Activities will have a steamer available for your use during Senior Days.
- Make sure you have no outstanding balance on your student account and no financial obligations to the college prior to commencement. You will not be able to receive your diploma if you have outstanding fees. Check your account online or call 507-786-3766.
- Pick up Senior Days wristband, if ordered on May 22-23 in the Buntrock Commons Crossroads
- Senior Days will take place May 22-25
- Don’t forget to make your gift! Your last chance to contribute as part of the Senior Class Gift is May 31!
- Arrive at the Tostrud Field House for commencement rehearsal Sunday, May 26 at the designated time in your cap and gown with tassel.
- Contact your area coordinator or resident assistant to check out of your residence hall or honor house by no later than the Monday after commencement.