Professional nursing is predicted to be one of the most needed and flexible careers in the decades ahead. When you choose nursing at St. Olaf …
- You will be preparing for nursing now as well as in the future
- You will achieve flexibility and marketability in a variety of areas
- You will receive a liberal arts education along with your nursing major
- You will have clinical experience in both urban and rural settings
- You will have the opportunity to study abroad
After four years of study in the St. Olaf nursing programs, you are prepared to take the Minnesota Board of Nursing licensure examination, which certifies you as a registered nurse. With this registration and the bachelor of arts degree in nursing, you are fully qualified for professional practice or entrance into graduate school. Students are eligible to complete the licensure examination for registered nurses offered by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing, and, upon successful completion, can apply for certification as a public health nurse in Minnesota.