Nursing majors at St. Olaf can expect to:
* learn to think critically and philosophically about life
* develop ethical reasoning
* understand how concepts from other disciplines apply to the health and care of patients
* develop skills in communication, collaboration, and leadership
* explore a variety of patient care populations including pediatrics, adults, geriatrics, and public health
* gain experience in a variety of health care facilities in urban and rural settings
* gain exposure to case management
The St. Olaf College Nursing curriculum meets educational requirements for professional licensure or certification in all states.
After four years of study, students are eligible to complete the RN licensure examination offered by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing.