The Student Accounts Office will email a fee statement to your St. Olaf email account in late July. Your account will reflect disbursed financial aid from St. Olaf and any outside scholarships we have received to date. Your fee statement will also include an anticipated aid section, which represents aid not yet disbursed. In order to determine how much money is owed for fall semester you will need to subtract the fall anticipated aid from the fall semester amount due. If you will not be accepting a loan showing in the anticipated aid section of your fee statement, do not subtract the loan amount from your fall semester balance. Likewise, if you have an outside scholarship, which has been paid to you directly, do not subtract that amount from the fall semester amount due. In both cases, please contact the Financial Aid Office so your account can be corrected.
In late December, you will receive another emailed statement outlining the balance due for spring semester. The account statement will reflect disbursed and anticipated aid in the same manner as stated above.
Should you incur any incidental charges or fees during the course of the year, additional tuition statements will be emailed to the e-bill address on file.
How to Make a Payment
- Payments can be made via ACH bank transfer from an American checking or savings account via the SIS (Student Information System). There is no charge to pay by ACH. St. Olaf also accepts credit card payments for student’s accounts. Should you wish to pay via credit card, you must also pay through the SIS. St. Olaf accepts (American and International) Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Please be aware that you will be charged a convenience fee of approximately 2.99% of the transaction if you choose to pay via credit card. For more information regarding the online payments please visit our website Pay your bill online.
- St. Olaf also accepts payments in the form of cash, personal checks, cashier’s checks, and money orders at the Business Office window. Checks can be made payable to St. Olaf College; please include the students name and ID number in the memo line. Payments can be mailed to:
St. Olaf College
1520 St. Olaf Avenue
Northfield, MN 55057
- International wires are accepted. St. Olaf College has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer, you can pay from any country and any bank. You are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. You will also be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard and an email confirmation will be sent to you when your payment is received by the school. Log into your SIS Financials page and click on International Wire to begin this payment process or visit the International Student Wires website for more information.
- Domestic wire transfers are accepted also. A $30 fee is charged and should be added to your wire amount. Please indicate the student’s name and ID number on the transfer. Contact the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-786-3539 for wiring instructions.
A monthly finance charge of 0.5% will be assessed on unpaid balances carried beyond the established due dates.
Failure to settle your account balance by the established due dates will result in a comprehensive fee hold being placed on your student account. Students with a financial hold are unable to register for courses, receive transcripts, or receive their diplomas. A financial hold will be removed once a student’s account has been paid in full.
Tuition, room, board refund for anyone leaving within five weeks after the beginning date of any semester will be determined according to the following scale:
- One week or less 90 percent refund
- Two weeks or less 80 percent refund
- Three weeks or less 60 percent refund
- Four weeks or less 40 percent refund
- Five weeks or less 20 percent refund
- Over five weeks No Refund
Any checks or ACH bank transfers that are returned by the bank for any reason will result in a $30 charge placed on your student account.