Intended Learning Outcomes
The major introduces students to the principles and methods of kinesiology. The following learning outcomes will be met within the framework of the major. Students will demonstrate:
- Knowledge and integration of the array of theories and practices specific to kinesiology and its related fields (biology, chemistry, psychology, neuroscience, nutrition, and statistics) in preparation for graduate-level study and research.
- Mastery of the basic laboratory skills pertaining to assessments, laboratory methods, sound experimental and analytical practices, data acquisition and reporting in kinesiology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. The ability to craft a research proposal and professional poster as a result of synthesizing the relevant literature on a specific topic of their choosing.
- The ability to translate classroom learning into real-world practice in all experiential learning opportunities.
- The ability to assess, design, and implement individual and group exercise and fitness programs for individuals who are apparently healthy and those with controlled disease.