Learn more about funding, based on your type of opportunity:
Learn more about funding related to internships, research opportunities, shadowing, or other career enhancing experiences.
Learn more about funding for graduate or professional school-related expenses including test fees, interview expenses, application fees, and more.
Johnson Family Opportunity Fund Overview
The Johnson Family Opportunity Fund offers support for students with a high level of financial need, with a preference for first generation college students, who are pursuing career-enhancing opportunities such as internships (unpaid or underpaid) or shadowing opportunities, or who are pursuing graduate/professional school and have expenses such as test registration and program application fees.
The Johnson Family Opportunity Fund was established in 2014 through the generous support of the Johnson family and is intended to provide greater access to resources, experiences, and opportunities to help students navigate the path from college to career, and to decrease the barriers caused by a lack of financial support.
All potential applicants must ensure that they have the necessary financial need and meet other eligibility guidelines. Please carefully review all eligibility guidelines and application instructions relevant to the opportunity you are pursuing before applying for funding.
Johnson Family Opportunity Fund Deadlines (2019-2020 Academic Year)
FALL 2019 APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 4:30 pm
- Monday, November 25, 2019 at 4:30 pm
SPRING 2020 APPLICATION DEADLINES (TENTATIVE)
- Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 4:30 pm
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 4:30 pm
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. Funding decisions will be determined and shared with applicants within 2 weeks of the application due date.
Drop-In Hours will be held for Budget Reviews and general questions about JFOF. These are typically brief, 10 minute meetings. Kristi Kehrwald Adair will be available in the Piper Center for Vocation and Career (Tomson 270) for drop-in coaching (no appointment needed) prior to the Fall 2019 Application Deadlines.
JFOF Drop-in Hours will be offered in the Piper Center (Tomson 270):
- Wednesday, October 16, 3-5 pm
- Thursday, October 17, 3-5 pm
- Tuesday, October 22, 3-5 pm
- Wednesday, October 23, 3-5 pm
- Thursday, October 24, 3-5 pm
- Monday, October 28, 9-11 am & 4-5 pm
- Tuesday, October 29, 9-11 am ***JFOF Deadline #1 – 10/29 at 4:30 pm
- Wednesday, October 30, 3-5 pm
- Tuesday, November 5, 3-5 pm
- Wednesday, November 13, 3-5 pm
- Wednesday, November 20, 10 am-12 noon & 3-5 pm
- Thursday, November 21, 3-5 pm
- Monday, November 25, 9 am-12 noon ***Final Fall JFOF Deadline – 11/25 at 4:30 pm