The Johnson Family Opportunity Fund offers support for students with a high level of financial need who are pursuing career-enhancing opportunities.
Funding available for three types of experiences:
Funding to support an unpaid or underpaid internship or similar experience that takes place primarily during the summer
Spring Deadlines: April 8th and May 5th
Funding related to interview expenses, conferences, training programs, or other short-term career enhancing experiences, including part-time fall or spring semester internships.
Spring Deadlines: March 9 and April 20th
Funding for graduate or professional school-related expenses including test fees, interview expenses, application fees, and more.
Spring Deadlines: March 9th and April 20th
Funding decisions will be determined and shared with applicants within 2 weeks of the application due date.
Johnson Family Opportunity Fund Overview
The Johnson Family Opportunity Fund offers support for students with a high level of financial need, with a preference for first generation college students, who are pursuing career-enhancing opportunities such as internships (unpaid or underpaid) or shadowing opportunities, or who are pursuing graduate/professional school and have expenses such as test registration and program application fees.
The Johnson Family Opportunity Fund was established in 2014 through the generous support of the Johnson family and is intended to provide greater access to resources, experiences, and opportunities to help students navigate the path from college to career, and to decrease the barriers caused by a lack of financial support.
All potential applicants must ensure that they have the necessary financial need and meet other eligibility guidelines. Please carefully review all eligibility guidelines and application instructions relevant to the opportunity you are pursuing before applying for funding.
Students are encouraged to reach out to Kristi Kehrwald Adair with questions they have about the Johnson Family Opportunity Fund including Budget Reviews.
Kristi Kehrwald Adair is holding virtual drop-in appointments at the following times. You do not need to schedule an appointment ahead of time. Just join the Zoom and Kristi will admit you to the meeting when it is your turn.
JFOF Drop-in Coaching Hours – Spring 2021 (Join via Zoom)
- Tuesday, February 16, 10 am – 12 pm
- Wednesday, February 24, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Thursday, March 4, 3 pm – 5 pm
- Monday, March 8, 10 am – 12 pm
- JFOF DEADLINE #1 – Tuesday, March 9
- Wednesday, March 24, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Thursday, April 1, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Monday, April 5, 10 am – 12 pm
- Wednesday, April 7, 10 am – 12 pm AND 2 pm – 4 pm (Rest Day)
- SUMMER INTERNSHIP FUNDING DEADLINE #1 – Thursday, April 8
- Wednesday, April 14, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Thursday, April 15, 3 pm – 5 pm
- Monday, April 19, 10 am – 12 pm
- JFOF DEADLINE #1 – Tuesday, April 20
- Thursday, April 22, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Wednesday, April 28, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Tuesday, May 4, 2 pm – 4 pm
- SUMMER INTERNSHIP FUNDING APPLICATION DEADLINE #2 – Wednesday, May 5
You may also reach out to Kristi directly via email (email@example.com) or schedule a virtual meeting with Kristi via Handshake.
How can I schedule a virtual meeting to discuss the Johnson Family Opportunity Fund?
- Log onto Handshake with your St. Olaf credentials.
- Click on “Career Center” on the top right side of the screen.
- Click on “Appointments”.
- Click on the blue button that reads “Schedule a New Appointment”.
- Under “Choose a Category”, select “Johnson Family Opportunity Fund Questions (15 minutes)”.
- Choose “Johnson Family Opportunity Fund” as the appointment type.
- Find an available appointment time that will be convenient for you. Click on that appointment time and follow the prompts to “Request” the appointment.
- A coach will follow up with you with additional information about meeting via video or phone.