Music Application Overview
We’re looking for musical, smart, and ambitious people who want to be challenged. In a campus community of 3,000 students, one-third of students participate in one of our many music ensembles or take private lessons. All students regardless of major are able to apply for and be awarded music scholarships. We strongly recommend students intending to major in music to apply for direct admission to the music program through this process. The Music Application is due January 15 for both scholarship and music major applicants.
- Provide some important information about yourself so we begin to build your relationship with St. Olaf.
- Your officer will contact you to introduce themselves, provide important information, and help you stay on top of deadlines. Complete your Part One today to get started.
Music Application for Music Majors and/or Music Scholarships
- The Music Application consists of four parts: the online music application, uploaded video recordings, uploaded music resumé, and a teacher recommendation.
- We recommend you complete the Music Recommendation Request for your teacher right away. The request goes out immediately and will give your teacher time to write and submit the recommendation while you prepare other parts of the music application.
- After you begin the online music application, you may save/exit as may times as you wish before submitting the application. Once you click “submit” you may not make any changes to the application.
- There are two options for continuing your application through the Common Application or the Coalition Application. St. Olaf does not charge an application fee!