The Fulbright UK Summer Institutes are three-to-four week programs for US undergraduate students. Participants can explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK while experiencing higher education at a UK university.
Depending on the Institute, students will have the opportunity to:
- Study alongside leading academics and professionals.
- Develop knowledge in specific fields.
- Experience cultural and social events.
- Visit museums, galleries, castles, battlegrounds, stately homes and areas of scenic beauty.
- Receive credit to transfer to their home institution.
- Meet people from across the US and the world.
- Become an ambassador for studying in the UK, for the Fulbright Commission and their host institution(s).
- Be a US citizen and possess a US passport.
- Be at least 18 years old by the start of the programme.
- Participate in the programme in its entirety.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.7.
- Have at least two years of undergraduate study remaining after the Institute finishes.
- Have had little or no study or travel outside of the US.
Summer Institutes Available
|Disciplines||University of Sussex||University of Bristol||University of Birmingham||Aberystwyth University||American Institute for Foreign Study||University of Westminster||Queen’s University, Belfast||University of Exeter||Glasgow School of Art|
- Read the terms and conditions before applying.
- Apply using our application form before the deadline of 7 February 2018 at 11.59 EST.
- Scan and upload your official interim transcript to the application form as a PDF.
- Speak to two referees, and ask them to upload references on official, signed letterhead as a PDF via the online reference form.
The application form must be completed, with transcripts attached, and submitted along with your references before the deadline. Your application will not be considered if any of these are missing or submitted late.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview in April. Summer Institute interviews are by Skype and can only be rescheduled under extreme circumstances.
All applicants will be informed of their status by late April. The Fulbright Commission cannot comment or provide feedback on individual applications.
- 27 November: Applications open
- 7 February: Applications close for all Institutes
- March/April: Shortlisted candidates invited to interview
- Late April: All candidates notified of their status
- May: Preparation and pre-departure information
- June-July: Summer Institutes take place
For more information, contact Professor Douglas Casson, Co-Director of External Fellowships (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last edited 2/12/2021