Students in the nursing program will incur additional expenses associated with the requirements of the major. It is the student’s responsibility to cover all expenses.
Examples of expenses include but may not be limited to:
- Costs associated with training and certification requirements (CNA course & CPR certification)
- Health care costs (annual physical exam, immunization, testing and vaccinations)
- Fingerprinting fee associated with the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) criminal background study
- Nursing uniforms and equipment
- Transportation costs to clinical experiences including car insurance, parking, gasoline
- Textbooks for nursing courses
- Annual nursing student fee
Nursing students are required to have professional liability insurance for protection in case of errors of commission or omission during their student experience. St. Olaf College arranges for professional liability coverage. The annual nursing student fee, which is assessed by St. Olaf College, covers this expense.