Your photo will be used to identify you at classes, events, and for purchases. Generally you will be standing in front of a professor, student, cashier, or other staff member.
Please follow these instructions when selecting or taking an ID Photo:
- We require a recent photo of you in color (no black and white photos).
- No professional photographs. Copyrighted photos cannot be accepted.
- The photo must only include yourself. Photos with friends and/or pets will be rejected.
- Photos should be taken on a light, preferably white, smooth background. We recommend using a white towel, a sheet, or a large piece of paper as a backdrop.
- Bright, even lighting with a light background helps with the clarity of the photo.
- Photos must be a centered, frontal view of your full face. Photos taken in profile, with head tilts, or at odd angles will be rejected.
- Eyes must be open and visible. If you wear prescription glasses normally, please wear them in your photo. Please no hats, sunglasses, or other accessories, unless worn for religious reasons.
- No hand gestures are allowed in photos.
- Please wear clothing that is appropriate for an academic setting.
- Photo filters and/or edited photos are not allowed.
- Photos will be cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone.
- The photo should be thought of as suitable for use on a passport. For examples, please see Passport Photos.
- Acceptable file format:
- .jpg file format
- Maximum photo dimensions:
- 600 pixels by 600 pixels
- Maximum file size:
- 1 MB
Submitting Your Photo
Once you have a well-composed photo, you can submit it via StoFaces. Login there and follow the directions on the main page.