*MATH 119/120 can be taken during Fall, Interim, or Spring. AP/IB/CA/PSEO can substitute. Math placement above MATH 120 alone is not sufficient for the economics major. The completion of MATH 119/120 is a prerequisite for ECON 260, 261, and 262.
CREDIT FOR PREVIOUS COURSEWORK
- Credit for Economics 111 is given to students who (1) receive a score of 4 or above on EITHER the AP Macroeconomics or the AP Microeconomics Examination or (2) receive a score of 5 on the IB Higher Level (HL) Examination in Economics.
- Credit for Economics 121 is given to students who (1) receive scores of 4 and above on BOTH the AP Macroeconomics and the AP Microeconomics Examinations, (2) earn a 6 or a 7 on the IB Higher Level (HL) Examination in Economics, or (3) earn an A (a*) on the Cambridge A Level Exam in Economics.
- Credit toward the economics major for transfer courses or other programs is done in consultation with the Registrar and the Economics Department Chair.
- The Department recommends that students who qualify for Econ 111 via AP/IB/CA credit be placed in Economics 121.
- The Department recommends that students who qualify for Econ 121 via AP/IB/CA credit be placed in a level II economic analysis course (any of ECON 200-249).
Nothing listed at this time.
Chair, Department of Economics – Ashley Hodgson (firstname.lastname@example.org)