For an explanation of what a practicum is click here
Theater Practicum Online Application Process
Apply for a technical position by clicking here
Directions for using the online app.
- Click the link above
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Production Practicum Crews’
- Log in with your St. Olaf ID and password
- Under ‘Production Practicum Crews’ click on ‘Theater Practicum Registration’
- Click on the title of the production you wish to work on
- From the drop down menu on the left choose your school year
- Select the position or positions you are interested in
- Hit the ‘Submit’ button
- Positions will be filled according to class year with preference given to graduating Seniors and according to computer time stamp on the applications
Within 24 hours you will receive an email from Todd Edwards with information regarding your practicum registration. Email Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or are interested in a position not listed.
YOU NEED TO REGISTER FOR THE PRACTICUM THE SEMESTER YOU DO THE WORK. SIGNING UP TO WORK ON A PRODUCTION DOES NOT SIGN YOU UP FOR A PRACTICUM. YOU NEED TO HAVE THE SIGNATURE OF TODD OR THE DIRECTOR (DEPENDING ON THE POSITION) ON AN ADD SLIP THAT IS FILED WITH THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE. PRACTICUM CREDIT IS NOT GIVEN RETROACTIVELY.
If you are a Theater major you are required to complete 4 practicums. For more information see Theater Major Requirements.