To add new users (authors, editors, administrators) to a site, do the following.
- Go to the site Dashboard and hover over Users from the left-hand navigation.
- Select Add New.
- Enter the St. Olaf email address of the person you want to add and select their role from the pull-down menu.
- Click Add Existing User and an email will be sent to the email address entered with a link that they need to click on to confirm they want to be added to the site.
If an error occurs saying the requested user does not exist, do the following:
- In the left-hand navigation, under the Users portion of the menu, select Add Directory Authenticated User.
- Enter the St. Olaf username (no @stolaf.edu at the end) of the person you want to add and select their role from the pull-down menu.
- (Optional) Check the box labeled Add the user without sending them a confirmation email.
- Click Add New User. If the confirmation email is sent, the user will need to click on the confirmation link in the email message they receive.