Academic Leadership is composed of department chairs and program directors; chairs of elected committees; directors of other academic offices and units such as the libraries and IT, CAAS and SSS, GFCR, International and Off-campus Study, and the office of the Registrar; the Associate Deans of the five Faculties, and the Associate Provost. This is a big group, and its interests and duties are equally expansive. But its membership has some common goals: delivering the best education we can to St. Olaf students, and supporting the faculty in their role as teachers.
The purpose of Academic Leadership meetings is to support these goals. This takes place in a variety of ways, and no two meetings are alike. Academic Leadership meetings provide:
- A venue where members of Academic Leadership can share information with each other, and where you can gather information to take back to departments, programs, and offices.
- A venue for consultation and advice, including advising committee chairs, directors of academic offices, and the provost.
- An opportunity to think broadly about higher education and about St. Olaf’s place in it.
- Opportunities to confer with each other about the tasks in members’ areas.
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings will be virtual at 11:30 AM
- August 12, 2020 – Opening meeting, 8:30 a.m. – noon Full Leadership Meeting
- September 17, 2020
- October 29, 2020
- February 25, 2021 Full Leadership Meeting
- March 25, 2021
- April 29, 2021