If you suspect mold in your room or office, or if your space feels excessively humid:
- Immediately fill out an online Facilities Work Order Request to have your room inspected for mold. It is important to take this step to ensure that the issue is documented and a work order is opened.
- A trained STO staff member or 3rd-party vendor will respond within 1 business day to conduct a visual inspection of the room.
- If mold is found then:
- Trained personnel will treat the mold with products designed to inhibit further growth and kill mold spores. In most cases, this protocol eliminates mold in 1-2 visits.
- STO staff will work with you to determine the cause of the mold/humidity to ensure that the problem does not reoccur. Perhaps the cause is an HVAC/plumbing issue that needs to be fixed, but perhaps the cause is a pile of consistently damp clothing.
- If mold is not found but there is still a concern about high humidity:
- If humidity issues are found then Facilities Management and EHS will take the appropriate steps (including air quality tests if necessary) to rectify the situation.
- If humidity issues are not found then Facilities Management and EHS will meet with you to help alleviate your concerns.
The College considers reports of mold a health and safety issue and takes seriously all reports of suspected mold.