The Employee Right-T0-Know Written Program is intended to help ensure that College employees are aware of the dangers associated with hazardous substances, harmful physical agents, and infectious agents to which they may be exposed during the course of their work day. Use the links below to quickly find hazard information, and to refresh your memory regarding HazCom requirements.
List of Potential Hazardous Substances at St. Olaf College:
- St. Olaf College Chemical Inventory.
- Chemicals used by St. Olaf employees can be found online in the St. Olaf College SDS Database.
- The database can be searched by (1) substance name or (2) functional use of the product within an Administrative Unit (e.g., Facilities … Custodial Services … Disinfectants).
- Instructions: How use the Online SDS Database
- Employees can access the St. Olaf College SDS Database to look up a chemical’s hazardous characteristics, as well as learn about proper PPE, spill clean up, and signs & symptoms of overexposure.
- GHS Refresher Page
- Building Services GHS Summary table
- Custodial Services GHS Summary Table
- Engineering Services GHS Summary Table
- Grounds GHS Summary table
Other Useful Chemical Hazard Identification Links:
- Minnesota OSHA Permissible Exposure Limits. An employee’s exposure to any substance listed in Table Z-1-A shall not exceed the Time Weighted Average, Short Term Exposure Limit, and Ceiling Limit for that substance.
- Toxic Substances Portal. Easy to understand descriptions of chemicals, including health effects, the most likely exposure routes, and how it might affect your health.
- WISER. Designed to assist emergency responders but useful for anyone. A downloadable smartphone app is also available.
- Emergency Response Guidebook. Designed to assist emergency responders but useful for anyone. (US Dept of Transportation)
- Partial List of Incompatible Chemicals (Reactive Hazards). A valuable reference table that provides numerous examples of chemicals that should not be mixed together.