Merit scholarships each have various requirements for renewal. If you meet these requirements your scholarship will automatically renew without your having to fill out any forms or applications.
Academic and Service Leadership Scholarships
Buntrock, Presidential, Deans, Faculty, St. Olaf Academic and Service Leadership
- Students must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to retain their merit scholarships.
- Generally, a student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and completing at least 67% of their courses to keep their merit scholarships.
- The terms and conditions can also be found on your original scholarship letter from the Admissions department when you first were accepted to be a student at St Olaf College.
Fine Arts Merit Scholarships:
- Art scholarships, contact Gwen Daniels, email@example.com
- Dance scholarships, contact John-Paul Douglas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music scholarships, contact Molly Boes, email@example.com
- Theater Scholarships, contact Jeanne Hatle, firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if I lose my scholarship?
- St. Olaf’s policy is to meet the demonstrated need of every student on campus. There are minimum requirements for scholarship renewal, however, our first priority is to meet demonstrated need.
- If you are a student who demonstrates financial need, any merit aid will be replaced with other need-based aid. This aid can be in many forms, including other scholarships and grants. Overall, it is likely that students receiving need-based aid will not lose any gift dollars.
- If you are a student without demonstrated financial need, your scholarship will be lost until you are able to meet the renewal criteria.
- If you lose your scholarship due to GPA requirements and your grades improve, notify the Financial Aid Office and we will review your GPA and reinstate any scholarship that had been canceled.
How is my progress tracked?
- The grade point average of students receiving merit scholarships is checked once a year in June when merit scholarships are renewed and Spring semester grades are in for the year.